Android Sports Betting Apps in Michigan
Wouldn’t it be great if you could place your bets safely whenever and wherever you wanted? That’s no longer a dream. It’s a reality for folks in legal and regulated sports betting states, including right here in Michigan.
Android sports betting apps afford users the opportunity to get in on the game whenever they would like. You can perform all of the same functions on a sports betting app as you can online or in person at a retail sportsbook.
Getting started with betting on mobile is a piece of cake, and we’re going to walk through everything you need to know right here. We’ll begin by taking a look at the best Android apps for sports bettors in Michigan to choose from.
Best Michigan betting apps for Android
|BetMGM Sportsbook||January 2021|
|Golden Nugget||January 2021|
Can you bet on sports with apps in Michigan?
Yes, but it took some time to get here. Here’s the backstory.
If we rewind to May 2018, among the items on the docket for the Supreme Court of the United States was a case that questioned the legality of a federal sports betting ban.
It had been a long-running debate, and the high court finally dropped its opinion, which effectively placed the matter in the hands of the states to figure out on their own.
A number of states did just that right away with the first legal retail, online and mobile sportsbooks opening for business over the course of the remainder of the year.
Additional states followed in 2019, with Michigan finally hopping on board and passing its own legislation in December of that year.
The following March, the first legal sports bets were accepted at retail sportsbooks in Michigan, and the online and mobile rollout followed.
Today, Michigan residents have a number of legal and regulated options to choose from at brick-and-mortar casinos, online with approved operators, and with several mobile apps from top names in the sports betting industry.
How to bet using Android sportsbook apps
Android sports betting apps give users the convenience of having a sportsbook at their fingertips. When ready to place bets, all you need to do is log in on mobile and find the game or event you’re interested in.
The interface is smooth and intuitive, so it’s just a matter of a couple of clicks to get where you need to be. Account management is hassle free to boot, as you can deposit and withdraw via the app just as easily as you can online or in person.
Getting started with the apps is quick and painless, especially when it comes to our recommended operators listed up above. The process is generally the same for all of them, and it’ll take just a couple of minutes from start to finish to gain access.
Here’s what you need to do.
- The first step is to click on our exclusive links to begin creating your account.
- By doing that, you’ll get access to awesome sign-up offers.
- From there, you’ll be pointed to a new page.
- You’ll see a box in which you can begin entering your details.
- Enter basic info such as name and email address.
- There will be some boxes to check off, including terms and conditions.
- Once all set, you’ll click through to complete the process.
- In seconds, your new account will be created.
Afterward, you’ll want to take a few minutes to get a feel of the lay of the land. All of our recommended sports betting sites feature stellar platforms, so we’re confident that you’ll like what you see.
Once you have a good handle on things, take some time to download the app for your Android device by following the instructions on the main website. That’s a quick and painless process as well.
Afterward, just log in on mobile, and you’ll be all set to bet on the go. For cases in which the Android app isn’t compatible with your device or if you have any trouble downloading, the sites are fully optimized to work on mobile.
You can visit the site via your mobile browser and log in as normal if that’s the case. Last but not least, sports betting apps use what’s known as geolocation tracking to verify you are in the state.
This is standard practice and nothing to worry about. You need to be physically located in Michigan to actually place bets, but you can access and manage your account from elsewhere as needed.
Deposit and withdrawals options for Android betting apps
Managing your sports betting account via Android app is simple and convenient. That includes when it’s time for you to add or remove funds.
Leading sportsbook operators have a number of methods you can use, so you should have little trouble finding something that works best for your situation.
Options will vary, so not every operator will offer each and every method imaginable. However, each of our recommended operators has a solid selection of options to choose from.
Here’s a run-through of the all the main funding methods to choose from.
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Online banking
- Wire transfer
- Prepaid card
Please note that not all funding methods are available for both deposits and withdrawals. For example, if you deposit money using a credit or debit card, you’ll need to choose another method to withdraw.
If you’re looking for one convenient method to process all transactions, then PayPal is a solid choice. You can deposit and remove funds via the e-wallet provider, which can be linked to your bank account. From there, it’s a smooth in and out for tracking purposes.
For specific details on the methods available at your sportsbook of choice, visit the “my account” section or look for a button labeled “deposit.” You’ll see the available options listed out for you. If you need even more information, visit the dedicated help section for account funding questions.
Bet types and sports available with Android sportsbook apps
Types of Michigan sports bets available on apps
You’ve followed our instructions and downloaded an Android sports betting app or two while taking advantage of our exclusive sign-up offers. Now what?
It’s time to start exploring the different kinds of bets you can place, as well as all of the betting markets you’ll have at your disposal. On both fronts, you’ll have plenty of choices to consider.
Here’s a list of the sports markets that are available for wagering at leading sportsbook operators.
- College football
- College basketball
- Formula One
- Table tennis
Please note that not every sport is available at every operator. For the incredibly popular team and individual sports — think National Football League and golf — you’ll find them everywhere. When it comes to those that fall into the niche category — such as cricket or darts — then offerings will vary.
As a general rule of thumb, the more popular that a sport is from a viewing perspective, then the more betting volume that sport will receive. You can focus on your strengths for starters, and then branch out into other areas you’re interested in when you’re ready.
For each sport on the menu, you’ll be able to place a whole range of bets. Here are the main types you’ll come across and a quick explanation for each.
- Moneyline: This is a basic bet in which you are simply choosing the winner between the favorite and underdog, which are designated by negative and positive odds respectively.
- Point spread: Oddsmakers install a spread on certain sports, which is essentially a projected margin of victory. You can choose the favorite minus the points or the underdog plus the points. The favorite needs to win by a margin larger than the spread to cover, while the underdog covers by keeping it closer than that or winning outright.
- Totals: Also known as over/under, this is a wager that revolves around the total points scored in a contest. Oddsmakers set the benchmark, and bettors then decide if they like the number to be over or under the projected total.
- Props: These are basically side bets inside of the individual games or contests. They revolve around various scenarios that may or may not happen from a team- or player-based perspective.
- Futures: You can place futures bets on the outcome of an event that has yet to happen, such as the winner of next year’s Super Bowl or World Series, or the player who will win the NBA or NHL MVP, for example.
- Parlays: These are wagers in which multiple games or outcomes are included on a single betting slip. The more choices you add, the higher the potential return becomes. However, parlays become tougher to hit with each choice added to the slip.
- Teasers: This is similar to a parlay but with a twist. Bettors can shift the point spread on a series of games more to their liking, but the odds and potential return will be adjusted accordingly.
So which bet type is the best? That depends on the sport you’re looking to wager on and what your overall strategy is. For the major North American team sports, three bet types really move the needle: moneyline, point spread and totals.
These three wager types attract the most volume, but don’t take that to mean that there aren’t robust markets for all of the other types we’ve outlined. There are.
For example, the futures market is quite active for both team and individual sports. Prop bets and parlays are very common pieces of the repertoire for bettors in all sports.
In short, the ultimate area of focus is completely up to you. For beginners, it’s always good to start with the basics and then build out an overall strategy from there.
Using sportsbook apps for live betting
One of the biggest areas of growth for sports betting has been a development that’s relatively new. Live betting has evolved from an add-on offering to one of the most sought-after features at leading sportsbook operators.
Thanks to these bet types, users no longer have to place all of their wagers before the action gets underway. Live sports betting provides additional chances to get in on the game based on what’s transpiring.
Odds and markets move very fast, but that has become part of the appeal. To fully take advantage of all that live betting has to offer, an Android sports betting app is the way to go.
As games and events get underway, you can log in on mobile and keep an eye on what comes up. For example, an NFL game might break differently than what was anticipated in advance of game time. The live betting market will reflect what has happened, and you’ll have a chance to take advantage of new opportunities that develop right then and there.
One note of caution for new bettors: as mentioned, these are fast-moving markets. Make sure you’re comfortable with the bets you place and pick your spots accordingly. You can always increase volume as your skills develop further.
Top reasons to use sports betting apps
Choices abound for sports bettors these days. From what to wager on to where you can do so to how to go about it, there are lots of variables to consider.
One thing is certain: sports betting apps are an outstanding choice. Here are some of the biggest reasons why.
- Convenience: You can bet when and where you want within the confines of legal and regulated sports betting states.
- Ease of use: Platforms from the major operators are incredibly slick and user-friendly.
- Sportsbook at your fingertips: What was once a fantasy is now a reality.
Android users in Michigan have plenty of choices to consider, including our recommended operators. Remember to click through on our exclusive links to create your account so you can take advantage of the generous sign-up offers.