Best Michigan Sports Betting Apps
Many moons ago, it was a mere pipe dream to think we could have access to a real legal sportsbook in our back pocket. Thankfully, that has actually become a reality in more recent times.
It’s completely legal and safe to bet in a number of states across the US, including right here in Michigan. Even better, sports betting has gone mobile.
That means you can quickly download an app, create an account, deposit funds, place a bet, and kick back and watch the game. It’s not tough to do either, as you can literally be up and running in minutes.
For those who have yet to get in on the fun, we have you covered, from the best ones to use to what you can wager on and everything in between. We’ll begin by answering a question that’s of the utmost importance for Michigan residents.
Can you legally bet on sports in Michigan?
Yes, sports betting was officially legalized in Michigan in December 2019 with the actual rollout taking place the following year.
For backstory, the Supreme Court of the United States delivered its take on a federal sports ban back in 2018. As the Justices saw it, this is a discussion for the individual states to have on their own.
Many have done just that, and the end result has been legal and regulated sports betting in several states across the nation.
Michigan took a little while to sort through its own legislative issues, but Gov. Gretchen Whitmer made it official at the end of 2019 when she signed the official bill into law.
Michigan residents are now able to place their bets legally and safely on a whole range of sports betting markets. They can do so in-person at the state’s approved casinos, online with regulated operators, or via mobile app with legal sportsbooks that service the state.
Best sports betting apps in Michigan
As the legal sports industry continues to grow, bettors find themselves with a number of different places to play. That’s a good thing, but it can also be a bit confusing as you sort through all of the choices at hand.
We’ve done the heavy lifting for you. Here are our choices for top sports betting apps in Michigan.
|BetMGM Sportsbook||January 2021|
|Golden Nugget||January 2021|
To take advantage of all they have to offer and be eligible for all of the goodies outlined up above, be sure to click through on our exclusive links to get going.
We’ll walk through the process from start to finish in a sec. For now, know that it’s super simple to get up and running.
You can perform all of the same functions on a sports betting app as you can online or in-person at a physical sportsbook. That includes adding and removing funds, browsing opportunities, and placing your bets.
If you’re looking for the most efficient way to place your wagers and also want the flexibility of betting whenever and wherever you want, then a sports betting app is the answer for you.
How to use a sports betting app
Getting started with a sports betting app is really easy. From start to finish, you’re looking at a time investment of just a couple of minutes.
The general process is the same for each of our recommended operators. Let’s take a look at the major steps you’ll need to take.
- Click through on our exclusive links to begin the account creation process. This will entitle you to the bonus opportunities listed up above.
- Afterwards, you’ll be sent to a new page where you can begin entering your information.
- It’s real simple stuff such as name and password, and nothing out of the ordinary.
- You’ll have to check off a few boxes for things such as terms and conditions and verifying your age
- At the bottom of the sign-up page, you’ll see a button labeled ‘complete registration’ or something along those lines.
- After you click on that, your new account will be created right away.
- Browse the lobby and get a feel for how the main site works.
- Follow the onsite instructions to download the app for your iOS or Android device.
- Log in on mobile with your new account information.
Once you have logged in on mobile, you’ll be all set to bet on the go and can manage your account right through the app as well.
You can deposit and withdraw funds right here quickly and safely. On the deposit sides you’ll have options including online transfers, debit or credit cards, or PayPal. When it’s time to withdraw, the available methods will be clearly listed out by the individual operators.
Naturally, you should take some time to get familiar with the app and how it all works. Before too long, you’ll find that they’re incredibly user-friendly.
What are the benefits of sports betting apps?
The fact that we have access to legal and regulated sports betting is a wonderful thing in itself, regardless of how we ultimately place our bets.
That said, there are some distinct advantages that come along with betting on mobile. Here are just a few of them.
- Sportsbook in your pocket: A sports betting app gives you access to a real live sportsbook whenever you want it. Among other things, you can review odds, place bets, and manage your account all from your mobile device or tablet.
- Bet on the go: There will be plenty of times when you want to get a bet in that you can’t make it to a retail sportsbook or be in front of a computer. Enter real money sports betting apps, which afford you the flexibility to place your bets whenever and wherever you like.
- React in real time: The sports world moves fast, and new opportunities can pop up in an instant. A sportsbook app allows you to react to new developments as they happen and helps prevent you from missing out on potentially profitable bets.
Once you get used to the convenience of having it at your disposal, a sports betting app will become an invaluable part of your wagering repertoire.
Sports you can bet on with apps in Michigan
The sports betting marketplace is vast with selections ranging from the incredibly popular to the rather obscure. Here’s a list of the choices at the top of the list.
These are the sports that really move the needle at mobile sportsbooks. Here are the sports that fall into the next tier of choices.
- Football – Arena, Australian Rules, Canadian, XFL
- Basketball – WNBA, International
- Hockey – KHL, International
- Soccer – Premier League, International
- Formula One
- Table Tennis
Please note that some books will have different offerings than others, so you won’t necessarily find each of these sports available at every operator. Each of our recommended sports betting apps for Android or iOS provide a whole slew of markets for you to consider.
Bets you can place on sports betting apps
You’ll have access to all of the same wager types on an app as you would in other sports betting mediums. Here’s a run through of the major betting choices on the wagering menu.
- Point Spread: Oddsmakers install a spread on games which is akin to a margin of victory. The favorite needs to win by more than the spread to ‘cover,’ while the underdog has to keep the margin of victory less than that or win outright.
- Totals: This is a bet that revolves around the total number of points scored in a game. Sportsbooks set the benchmark, and bettors then decide if they like the number to go Over or Under the projected total.
- Moneyline: These are straightforward bets in which you are simply picking the winner. The favorite has negative odds, while odds on the underdog side are negative.
- Live Betting: These are bets you can place after a game or contest has already started. We’ll cover this bet type in more detail shortly.
- Futures: You can place your bets on something that will happen in the future, such as the winner of the NBA Finals or the player who will be awarded the Heisman Trophy.
- Props: A prop bet is a team- or player-based wager which revolves around something that may or may not happen during a game.
- Parlays: These are wagers in which you include two or more outcomes on a single ticket. They’re high risk, high reward, not to mention quite popular.
- Teasers: For these bets, bettors can move the point spread to a level they are more comfortable with at designated intervals with the odds adjusting based on the choice.
Live betting with sportsbook apps
This is an area of sports betting which has seen tremendous growth. Live betting allows users to place additional bets after the action has already gotten underway.
The odds and offers move quickly, but that seems to only enhance the appeal. Here are some examples of live betting opportunities you may come across during a game.
- NFL – What will be the result of the next possession?
- MLB – Which team will score three runs first?
- NBA – Will total points scored in the quarter be Over or Under 50.5?
A sports betting app is a must to take full advantage of all that live betting has to offer. All you need to do is log in on your device and you can watch and wager along as the action unfolds.
Basic sports betting strategy
When starting out with sports betting, it can seem a little overwhelming. Relax – you’ll be able to get up to speed before you know it.
Research is your friend, and there are plenty of sites and apps that can help you along the way. You can do a lot of the work yourself, or you can rely on the advice of others.
The choice is completely up to you, and it should be based on what works best for your overall strategy. Here’s a few key sports betting tips to keep in mind as you begin to build out your own system.
- Study the odds board: Before placing your bets, always make sure you have a clear handle on what the oddsmakers have to say. Also, pay attention to any moves that may happen from the time that odds are initially released.
- Handicap your choices: While we all have rooting interests, it’s important to remove that from the equation. Take the time to break down the games you want to bet on. If it turns out to not be a good opportunity, then pass and choose another option.
- Manage your bankroll: In order to have sustained success in sports betting, you’ll need to have a clear budget in mind and stick to it. You can allocate it based on different bet types and track results to determine where you may need to tweak things.
Sports Betting App FAQ
As long as the app is registered and approved by the state, you’re good to go. Each of our recommended operators pass the muster on that front. These apps are secure, safe, and backed by state regulations.
Yes, you will have access to all of the same betting markets and wager types on apps. You can perform all of the same functions on an app as you can in person.
For operators that have both websites and mobile apps, you’ll find that the odds are the same in both spots. However, keep in mind that the market may move if there’s a lag between visiting one over the other.
In order to actually place bets, you need to be within the borders of the legalized state. Sports betting apps use what’s known as geolocation tracking to determine that you are where you say you are. However, you can manage your account from another state.
Both online and mobile betting have their merits, and there are plenty of bettors that use both methods. It really depends on what works for the individual user as they get set to place their bets.